There are 2 stages to the application process –
Stage 1: an expression of interest, then if successful
Stage 2: a full application
The Staffordshire Local Action Group will assess applications at both stages and only the highest-scoring applications will be successful.
The fourth call for bids round is open from 26th June 2017 to the 20thth August 2017. Please note that any applications received after this date will not be accepted.
- After discussing your project idea with the LEADER Programme Team and it has been agreed that the scheme fits the programme criteria, you will be emailed the Expression of Interest Form and Guidance on how to complete the form – this must be returned (emailed) to the LEADER Programme Team within the specified ‘Call for Bid’ period.
- Once the completed Expression of Interest in electronic format has been received, checked and appraised, the programme team will get back to you with a decision.
- If the Expression of Interest is approved, the LEADER Programme Team will contact you and will provide you with the Full Application Form to be completed.
- You must also at this stage have an SBI (Single Business Identifier) number from the Rural Payments Agency (RPA). If you don’t already have one of these, you must register with the RPA – follow this link to apply – https://www.gov.uk/claim-rural-payments
- You will be given a deadline of two calendar months to return the completed Full Application along with supporting documents and quotations for project expenditure (details of required supporting documents and quotes can be found in the Applicant Handbook).
- Once the LEADER Programme Team receives the completed Full Application in electronic format and a signed hard copy together with all relevant supporting information, it will be assessed and appraised and sent to the Staffordshire Local Action Group (LAG) for a decision.
- A contract will then be drawn up for approved projects and when signed by both the accountable body and the applicant, work can start.
- See the Application Flow Chart for an overview of the process.